For the porridge
- 130g (1 cup) chia (black or white, or a mix)
- 650ml (2 2/3 cups) coconut milk
- Pinch salt
- 1-2 cups hot water (optional)
- 1/4 cup mixed unsalted nuts (try pecans, walnuts, almonds, or macadamias)
- 1/4 cup mixed unsalted seeds (try pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (or shredded coconut)
For the passion fruit sauce:
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 6 passionfruit
- For the porridge, place chia seeds, coconut milk and salt in a pan on low-medium heat. Bring to a simmer, cover, and let cook slowly for about 6 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- For the topping, place nuts, seeds, and coconut flakes on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- For the passionfruit sauce, cut passion fruit in half and place pulp and seeds in a small pot along with the honey. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- To serve, check the consistency of the porridge and add 1 to 2 cups of hot water to thin to your desired consistency. Top with toasted nut mix and passion fruit sauce.