- Pulp of 6 fresh Australian passionfruit
- 30g butter
- 3 brown onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Good pinch sea salt
- 1 small glass jar
- Cheese (we recommend a cheddar, or a sharper cheese, such as Mersey Valley)
- Sterilise the jar by thoroughly washing with soap and water then placing in a pre-heated oven at 110C for 10 minutes.
- Add the butter to a large fry pan on medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the thinly sliced onions.
- Sauté the onions down until they become transparent, add the crushed garlic and stir through.
- Add the red wine vinegar followed by adding the brown sugar and wholegrain mustard. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes before adding the passionfruit pulp.
- Turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a sticky runny-style sauce. Add a good pinch of sea salt.
- Spoon the hot passionfruit relish into the pre-sterilised jar and place the lid on. Allow to cool down on the bench, and then store it in the fridge.
- Serve with cheese and crackers.