- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eschallots (small French onions)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli ¼ bunch coriander (roots and stems)
- ¾ cup passionfruit pulp (about 9 or 10 passionfruits)
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup raw sugar
- Finely chop the eschallots, garlic, chilli and coriander roots and stems.
- Place in a pot with olive oil and cook on low-medium until translucent and fragrant.
- Add passion fruit (seeds and pulp), sugar and vinegar and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and season to taste.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
Tip: The relish can be made well in advance, as it lasts for 2 weeks in the fridge. You can also use it on sandwiches or simply dollop on the side of any bbq meats, especially seafood, pork or even a roast turkey.