- 1/2 cup fresh passionfruit pulp
(7 – 8 fresh passionfruit)
- 500g watermelon flesh
- 1/4 cup lime juice (60 ml)
- 120 ml silver tequila
- 60 ml triple sec (orange liquor)
- Lime wedges
- Coarse salt
- Blend watermelon flesh until very smooth. Pass juice through a sieve if desired, discarding any solids.
- Add watermelon juice, passionfruit pulp, lime juice, tequila and triple sec to a jug with a handful of ice. Stir well.
- Pour salt onto a small plate to 1/2 cm depth. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass and dip immediately into the salt. Fill the salt-rimmed glass with ice, repeat lime and salt rim with remaining glasses.
- Divide margarita mixture across the glasses, garnish with watermelon and lime to serve.
- For a mocktail alternative: omit the tequila and triple sec, add 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh orange juice and 1 cup (250 ml) sparkling water. Skip step 3, as the salt is not required.
Credit: Australian Passionfruit – www.aussiepassionfruit.com.au