- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour (170 g)
- 1/2 cup quick oats (50 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (375 ml)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (20 ml), plus extra for cooking
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (125 g)
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp, divided (3 – 4 fresh passionfruit)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Extra passionfruit
- Maple syrup
- Natural or coconut yoghurt
- Combine dry ingredients (flour through cinnamon) in a large bowl. Whisk together wet ingredients (buttermilk through vanilla) in a jug.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined. The mixture will be thick, with a few lumps.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Brush pan with a bit of extra oil and pour in 1/4 cup of batter per pancake – allowing room to spread and not crowding the pan. Cook 2 – 3 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface and edges are golden.
- Flip pancakes and cook another 2 – 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil, or keep warm in a low oven. Re-oil pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with extra passionfruit pulp, yoghurt and maple syrup.
- Buttermilk can be substituted with 1 cup milk whisked with 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
Credit: Australian Passionfruit – www.aussiepassionfruit.com.au